What is Boomerang®?
Boomerang® is the world's first Dry Sand Recovery System. With the ability to be installed in any barn and with any stall system, Boomerang® provides benefits for both the cows and farmer. These benefits include:
• Uses 80% less sand
• Sand remains dry and at the same level, 24 hours a day
• If the system is filled (charged) regularly, the cow will lay on the bed, instead of in the bed
• The ability to use fine sand, giving cows more comfort
• 24/7 maintenance of stall comfort, providing for increased milk production as cows are in a state of rest for longer periods
• Low curb height allows for easier entry to and exit from stalls for cows
• Very little sand is loss from the stalls
• Less wear and tear on the equipment used in the barn
History of Boomerang®
In 2003, the first idea of Boomerang® was developed by local dairy farmer Jamie Beaumont. After years of researching, the first prototype was developed in March 2012 for only 17 cows. Six months later, Beaumont changed his entire dairy barn over to operate with Boomerang®, and he has never looked back since.
Now with fully functioning operations in Canada and the United States, Boomerang's® revolutionary innovation is helping dairy farmers all over North America. From here, Boomerang® is continually looking into developing new ideas and solutions to allow farmers to continue to use sand as the premium bedding.
Please be sure to check out our other products below: